In the spring, Holland becomes one of the most colorful regions in the world. The famous flower season begins with crocuses, daffodils and hyacinths, until the tulips burst onto the scene from mid-April until the end of May.
One of the best ways to witness this display of colors is on a bike tour.
Our good friends at Austin Adventures offer two biking adventures through Holland – one geared towards families, with plenty of kid-friendly activities, and one perfect for adults – whether you are traveling solo, as a couple, or with friends.
Both offer an all-inclusive, small group cycling adventure led by Austin’s attentive guides. They handle all the details so that you can completely immerse yourself in the experience!
Holland Bike Tour Highlights
- You’ll start and end your bike tour in Amsterdam, home to the world’s most unique floating flower market. From Monday through Saturday, the Singel canal in the city center is filled with the vibrant colors and fragrances of fresh flowers.
- You’ll visit Keukenhof, the home of Holland’s annual tulip festival and the most well-known tulip festival in the world. During the spring, the Keukenhof estate, which dates from 1642, is filled to overflowing with more than seven million gorgeous flower bulbs.
- You’ll bike quiet roads to visit charming towns steeped in history, along the coast of the North Sea to quaint seaside villages, and cycle past Holland’s iconic windmills.
- You’ll be spoiled with luxurious accommodations and delicious local cuisine.
The Benefits of Pocket Wi-Fi in Holland
The Wireless Traveler Pocket Wi-Fi Device is perfect for when you are in the airport, away from your hotel, or as you bike through the Holland countryside. With it, you’ll have your own secure Wi-Fi connection – you won’t have to worry about finding public Wi-Fi locations. It is great for emails, GPS and posting pictures!
Kasey Austin Morrissey of Austin Adventures took the Pocket Wi-Fi Device with her on a recent tour of Holland and found that it quickly became an indispensable part of her travels. She used it daily to:
- Post pictures and video to Facebook in “real time”
- Look up directions to local sights
- Check hours and pricing for museums and other attractions
- Check emails
- Schedule Uber rides and communicate with her Airbnb host
- Look up train schedule and purchase tickets
- Entertain herself at the airport while waiting for her flight home!
“Just returned home from Amsterdam and thought I’d let you know that I really loved using the Pocket Wi-Fi … seriously made life so easy and I’m happy I was able to try it out.” – Kasey Austin Morrissey
About Austin Adventures
Austin Adventures has been sharing their love of adventure since 1974. Their extensive knowledge and key contacts in each destination allow them to offer unique experiences for their guests. The talented Austin Adventures guides take time to learn about each guest and go out of their way to find unexpected and memorable ways to make each guest’s vacation extra special.
Images courtesy of Austin Adventures.