1. The Information We Collect, How We Collect It, And How We Use It
Wireless Traveler Apps and Branded Apps Including (Wireless Traveler, Collette Talk, AT Talk, VWT Phone, Auto Europe Talk, WiMedjet, Nooj)
Wireless Traveler is sensitive to the private nature of information you provide to us over the Internet. Our privacy practices are designed to maximize your ability to control the use of your personal, private information while at the same time giving you the opportunity to obtain interesting and useful information, products and services.
Personal Data We Collect
Wireless Traveler collects data to operate effectively and provide you with the best experiences with our products and services. You provide some of this data directly when you purchase one of our products or services, register for a program, or when you contact us for support. We also get some of it by recording how you interact with our services, for example, using technologies like cookies, receiving error reports or usage data from software running on your device, or tracking IP addresses when you visit our website.
Data we collect depends on the products, services and features you use, and can include the following:
Name and contact data. We collect your first and last name, email address, zip/postal code, phone number, and other similar contact data.
Credentials. We collect passwords and security information used for authentication and account access.
Demographic data. We collect data about you such as your country and preferred language.
Payment data. We, or our third party service providers, collect data necessary to process your payment if you make purchases, such as your credit card number, CCV number, expiration date, or PayPal account information.
Usage data. We collect data about how you and your device interact with our services. This includes data, such as the features you use, items you purchase, and web pages you visit. This also includes data about your device and the network you use to connect to our services, including IP address, device identifiers, regional and language settings. This includes information about the operating systems and other Wireless Traveler software installed on your device. And it includes data about the performance of the products or services and any problems you experience with them.
Location data. We collect information about your location in two ways. When you register or purchase a product or service we may request a billing address or country location. We also may derive data from your IP address.
Content. We collect content of your files and communications when necessary to provide you with the services you use. For example, if you receive a message using a Wireless Traveler hosted messaging service, we need to collect the content of that message in order to deliver it to your softphone client, display it to you, enable you to reply to it, and store it for you until you choose to delete it. Examples of this data include the content of instant messages, or documents, photos, music or videos you file transfer using Wireless Traveler services.
We also collect the content of messages you send to us, such as feedback and product reviews you write, or questions or information you provide for customer support. When you contact us, such as for customer support, chat sessions with our representatives may be monitored and recorded.
How We Use Personal Data
Wireless Traveler uses the data we collect to provide you with the services we offer and to improve and personalize your experiences, as well as the products and services Wireless Traveler provides. We also may use the data to communicate with you, including sending you information on security updates, account status notices and product changes or updates. Further details on how we specifically use your data are outlined below:
Providing and improving our products and services. We use data to provide and improve the services we offer and perform essential business operations. This includes operating the services, maintaining and improving the performance of the services, including development of new features, research, and providing customer support.
Communications. We use the data we collect to deliver and personalize communications with you. For example, we may contact you by email or other means to inform you when a subscription is ending, let you know when updates are available, remind you about items left in your online shopping cart, invite you to participate in a survey, or tell you about new products or services available to you. Additionally, you can choose to sign up for email subscriptions, like our WT Updates list, and choose whether you wish to receive promotional material along with your subscription. We do not sell any information we collect to third parties. With any of our promotional material emails, you will have the option to unsubscribe from future mailings from a link within the email communication. You can also contact Wireless Traveler directly in order to unsubscribe by emailing email@example.com.
Business operations and compliance. Wireless Traveler reserves the right to use personally identifiable information to investigate and help prevent potentially unlawful activity that threatens either Wireless Traveler or any company affiliated with Wireless Traveler. Moreover, upon the appropriate request of a government agency, law enforcement, court or as otherwise required by law, Wireless Traveler may disclose personally identifiable information.
Microphone – You will be asked if you want to allow the App to “access the Microphone”. By agreeing to this you are solely allowing the calling App to connect to the microphone on that specific device which allow people to hear you when you are speaking when using the App.
Cookies & Similar Technologies
Sign-in and Authentication. When you sign into a Wireless Traveler or App Branded site, we store a unique ID number, and the time you signed in, in an encrypted cookie on your device. This cookie allows you to move from page to page within the site without having to sign in again on each page.
Wireless Traveler does not use technology that recognizes browser “Do Not Track”’ signals or similar software mechanisms that block the collection of data related to your online activities over time and across third party websites. You can block cookies from your computer using the TRUSTe Consent Manager here, or your web browser’s settings (see below). For more information on how to disable and manage cookies and tracking devices see: www.ftc.gov/ftc/cookies.shtm.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer: Click the gear icon to the right of the address bar and select “Internet Options”. Select the “Privacy” tab, and you can move the slider to “High” or “Block All Cookies”. In order to delete cookies, select the “General” tab, and under the “Browsing history” section, click “Delete…”. Make sure “Cookies” is selected, and click “Delete” to delete cookies. Click “OK” when you are finished making your changes.
- Mozilla Firefox: Click the “Firefox” menu on the upper-right corner of your browser and select “Options”. Select the “Privacy” tab, and under the “History” section, select “Never remember history” or “Use custom settings for history”. If you select “Use custom settings for history”, you can deselect “Accept third-party cookies” or “Accept cookies from sites”. In order to delete cookies, click “Show Cookies”, scroll to the particular cookies you would like to remove, and click “Remove Cookie”, or click “Remove All Cookies” to remove all cookies. If your history setting is set to “Never Remember history”, click “clear all current history”, make sure “Cookies” is selected, and click “Clear Now”. Click “OK” when you are finished making your changes.
- Apple Safari: Click the gear icon to the right of the address bar and click “Preferences…”. Select the “Privacy” tab, and under the “Block cookies” section, you can select “From third parties and advertisers” or “always”. In order to delete cookies, click “Details…”, scroll to the particular cookies you would like to remove, and click “Remove Cookie”, or click “Remove All” to remove all cookies.
- Google Chrome: Click the wrench icon to the right of the address bar and select “Settings”. Click “Show advanced settings…”, scroll down to the “Privacy” section, and click “Content settings”. Under the “Cookies section”, you can select “Block sites from setting any data” or “Block third-party cookies and site data” to prevent cookies from being set. In order to delete cookies, click “All cookies and site data”, scroll to the particular cookies you would like to remove, and click “x” to the right of the cookies, or click “Remove all” to remove all cookies. Click “OK” when you are finished making your changes.
We take great care and use the latest technologies to ensure the security and safety of all your transactions with Wireless Traveler. To prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the appropriate use of information, we have put in place safeguards to secure the information we collect online. Our servers use encryption technology to protect the transfer of your credit card data to unauthorized parties. When these types of measures are taken, shopping online is safe and secure. We use industry-recognized standards in transaction security to protect the information you provide when you make a purchase at Wireless Traveler.
Links to Other Sites
This website contains links to other web pages and websites. Wireless Traveler is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites. You are encouraged to review the privacy policies of these other websites before registering for any products or services from that website.
Wireless Traveler Products and Services
We collect different types of personal and other information based on your use of our products and services and our business relationship with you. Some examples include:
- Contact Information that allows us to communicate with you — including your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
- Billing information related to your financial relationship with us — including your payment data, credit history, credit card number, Social Security numbers, security codes, and service history;
- Equipment, Performance, WIRELESS TRAVELER Web Site Usage, Viewing and other Technical Information about your use of our network, services, products or Web sites.
We collect information in three primary ways:
- You give it to us when you purchase or interact with us about a product or service we offer or provide;
- We collect it automatically when you visit our Web sites or use our products and services;
- We obtain it from other sources, such as from credit agencies.
We use the information we collect in a variety of ways, including to:
- Provide you with the best customer experience possible;
- Provide the services you purchase, and to respond to your questions;
- Communicate with you regarding service and product updates, offers, and promotions;
- Deliver customized content and advertising that may be of interest to you;
- Address network integrity and security issues;
- For local directory and directory assistance purposes.
2.2 Customer agrees to be bound by the GTC which shall apply to the Customer’s purchase and use of the Services. Customer acknowledges that he is aware that the GTC shall apply to all uses of Wireless Traveler’s products and Services.
2.3 The GTC commence at the time of purchase and are in force and continue during the use of the Service.
3. Online Activity Tracking and Advertising
3.1 The Customer shall use the services and products lawfully and in compliance with the GTC and other contractual documents duly integrated to the contract. The Customer is responsible for all use of the Services by the Customer or any 3rd party (with or without permission of the Customer) and is wholly responsible to pay for the use of all Services and for all Charges associated with the Services. Please refer to the “Rates and Coverage” pages published on the website for prices and charges.
3.2 The Customer shall be responsible for ensuring that the Services are compatible with the Customer’s equipment and any hardware. Wireless Traveler shall have no liability or responsibility for the use of the Services or compatibility of the Services with any equipment, handset or technology that has not been supplied or authorized by Wireless Traveler. The Customer shall be responsible for all use of the Services including but not limited to handsets, its proper configuration and installation, compliance with any regulations and applicable instructions issued either by Wireless Traveler and/or the equipment manufacturer. The preparation activities for installation of the Service, including but not limited to preparing and inserting interface cards, setting adequate protocols, as well as all relevant activities in support of the implementation of the Service shall remain under the sole responsibility of the Customer. Wireless Traveler does not provide any protection or guarantee and against any damage caused by any third party during installation or use of its service after it is purchased by the customer.
3.3 The Customer must comply with all reasonable security procedures and standards with respect to the Service. Wireless Traveler may communicate security issues to the Customer from time to time when abuse or misuse is observed or reported by others along with any and all general information related to the provision by Wireless Traveler of the Service by any means, including via the Website.
3.4 The Customer must:
- not use the Services for any improper, immoral, fraudulent or unlawful purposes nor may the Customer use the Services to send any communication which is of an abusive, offensive, obscene or of a menacing nature;
- not act in any way, which may affect the operation of any network used or operated by Wireless Traveler;
- not send or upload anything that infringes 3rd party intellectual property rights (unless you have permission).
3.5 You must inform Wireless Traveler immediately if customer’s Wireless Traveler product (“product”) is lost or stolen. Wireless Traveler will take all reasonable action to cancel any stolen or lost product within 72 hours of notification and subject to verification of account it may be subject to payment of an administration charge, Wireless Traveler will apply any outstanding balances to a replacement SIM card which has been purchased by the Customer as a replacement. Wireless Traveler is not responsible for any service fees, call costs or other cost incurred due to a lost or stolen product.
3.6 If customer purchases a SIM card from Wireless Traveler it is Customer’s responsibility to ensure that your mobile telephone handset is compatible with the Services that you purchase from us. This may include ensuring that your handset is ‘unlocked’ and is compatible with the network in the country where you wish to use it.
4. Information Sharing
4.1 All equipment, prices and quantity are subject to availability and may be changed without notice or obligation. Prices do not include shipping and handling and applicable duties and taxes. Shipping and handling charges are additional and may vary. Orders are not considered valid until approved and authorized by Wireless Traveler. All prices are quoted in U.S. dollars. While Wireless Traveler uses reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information on the Site, Wireless Traveler makes no warranties or representations as to its accuracy. Wireless Traveler assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content on the Site.
5.1 Wireless Traveler shall provide the Customer with national and international telecommunications services in the countries published on the “Rates and Coverage” pages of the website. We do not provide services as Wireless Traveler products and services are not intended for children younger than 13. As such, we do not knowingly collect personal information from our websites, apps, and services, from children under the age of 13.
5.2 Wireless Traveler shall use reasonable efforts to operate and maintain the Service, contingent upon Wireless Traveler’s and/or Wireless Traveler’s service provider’s ability to maintain necessary licenses or permissions, or Wireless Traveler’s and or Wireless Traveler service provider’s network capacity and connection availability. The network operator in the country of use will be responsible for network coverage and network availability. Wireless Traveler gives no warranties or guarantees as to network coverage or availability of any network or suitable coverage. We will not provide a refund for any failure to make calls due to problems with network coverage.
6. Safeguarding Your Information: Our Policy on Data Protection and Security
6.1 The Customer is solely responsible for all content, information and communications transmitted using the Services and shall indemnify Wireless Traveler for any loss or liability that Wireless Traveler may incur as a result of any content or material which is transmitted using the Services.
6.2 When travelling outside of their country the customer may be subject to different laws and regulations that apply for the services. Wireless Traveler is not liable for customer failure to comply with those laws or regulations.
6.3 Customer shall not use the Service or permit any use of the Service which is illegal, unlawful, or harassing, which infringes upon the intellectual property rights of third parties, or which otherwise constitutes network abuse, and the Customer shall be responsible for any such misuse of the Service. The Customer shall indemnify Wireless Traveler against all any liabilities, claims, actions, liabilities, loss, damage, costs and expenses suffered or incurred by Wireless Traveler as a result of any breach of the Customer’s obligations or warranties in this Agreement.
6.4 Customer warrants that it shall comply with any laws, regulations or conventions which may be applicable to the use of the Service and with any public policy related laws, which may be applicable to the use of the Service by third parties (such as privacy laws and laws relating to defamation, libel and decency with respect to the content of the communications transmitted using the Service).
6.5 The Customer acknowledges that a breach of the obligations and/or warranties contained in this Agreement could lead to a claim or liability or disruption in the provision of the Service by Wireless Traveler. In the event of such breach, Wireless Traveler shall be entitled to suspend the performance of the Services to the Customer and its obligations under this Agreement, until the breach has been remedied and in addition shall be entitled to exercise its rights of termination under this Agreement.
7. Wireless Traveler Privacy Rights
7.1 Any and all rights attached to the telephone number attributed to Customer and attached to the Service provided to you by Wireless Traveler remain vested in Wireless Traveler. Accordingly, Wireless Traveler may change, withdraw or otherwise alter such telephone number or any other address-element at its discretion, without damages payable to Customer, should any technical, commercial reason as well as any applicable regulations so require.
7.2 The SIM Card, all technology and intellectual property as part of the SIM Card remains the property of or is licensed to Wireless Traveler, which grants to you a non exclusive license to use the Services and preserves Wireless Traveler’s rights to alter and develop its content as well as claiming its return.